Supported by Google.org’s Impact Challenge for Women and Girls, G.R.O.W. is a talent-cultivation program that focuses on Career Readiness, Salary, Negotiation Skills, Interview Readiness, Mock Interviews from Tech Recruiters, Resume Building Skills and So Much More.
G.R.O.W. will meet people where they are and offer them tangible skills to enable their professional growth.
G.R.O.W. will provide skills, training, and resources in career readiness & development specifically tailored toward the needs of those intersectionally marginalized in the transgender community.
G.R.O.W. will focus on empowering our community through shared experiences to excel in their next transition in life.
Who is G.R.O.W. for?
G.R.O.W. seeks to reach those in our community who are within the margins and often not centered in career readiness programs.
- Everyone in the transgender community, while still unapologetically centering the voices and experiences of Black transgender women who are or were formerly engaged in sex work.
- Anyone who is looking for the tools to support them in finding a new career or building the skills to G.R.O.W. in their current careers (see what we did there… 😉)
How Long is G.R.O.W.?
G.R.O.W. is a 10-week program consisting of weekly 60-90 minute training sessions, offered as live sessions with recordings available on demand.
What Will I Learn?
Week One & Two: Transferable Life Skills, Resume Writing & Review
Week Three: LinkedIn Profile Optimization
Week Four: Interview Prep
Week Five & Six: Interview Skills (Virtual & In-Person)
Week Seven: Salary Negotiation and Job Study Skills
Week Eight: Tech Recruiter Workshop
Week Nine: Elevator Pitch/Group Exercise
Week Ten: Wrap up & Graduation 🙂
What Will I Leave With?
Participants will walk away with…
- Unlimited access to all G.R.O.W. trainings & materials
- An up-to-date Resume to help position yourself for your next career move
- Confidence to step into any virtual or in-person interview knowing you are prepared
- A LinkedIn profile recruiters and potential employers will LOVE!
- Tools to research and negotiate the salary you deserve
- A perfected elevator pitch
- Access to an ever GROWing community of G.R.O.W.ers to expand your network, share experiences, or just be a listening ear
- …and so much more!
Who Is Eligible for G.R.O.W.?
If you still need to become a member, no problem! You can become a member in the application.
Anyone who self-identifies as part of the transgender community *
*We use the term transgender as an umbrella for all gender-diverse identities, binary and non-binary.
How Can I Join?
You can sign up to be a part of the next cohort of G.R.O.W.ers starting in 2023 using the button below:
How Else Can I Get Involved?
We are always recruiting content experts, mentors, and volunteers to support the G.R.O.W. program. Please sign up using the button below:
About TransTech Social
TransTechSocial is a co-learning and co-working community created to empower, educate, and employ the LGBTQ+ community through accessible education programs, inclusive events, and equitable employment opportunities that teach practical career-ready skills.
Our mission is to help our community economically thrive through all transitions in life by aligning our partnerships and programming with their career goals while centering transgender and gender-nonconforming people. By uplifting the most marginalized of our community, we can overcome barriers in education and the workplace while striving to reduce instances of discrimination felt by all.